All Aboard for a family outing on The Santa Train!™
Departing from Orangeville and Inglewood, Ontario, The Santa Train™ is a small annual community event aboard the Orangeville Brampton Railway. Experience the passing countryside from the comfort of heated, picture-window coaches, with freshly-baked cookies, hot chocolate, live musical entertainment and a visit and gift from Santa!
Directions to boarding locations:
Frequently Asked Questions
Will we be seated together?
Seating is automatically pre-assigned at the time of ticket purchase, with all passengers in a purchase seated together as a group. If you have a group of people who wish to be seated together, we suggest that you make one single booking for the entire group. Otherwise, if you make separate ticket purchases at separate times you will not be able to be seated together, as the computer automatically assigns seats based on available seat positions and not in the order of purchase.
How do we purchase tickets?
Tickets may be purchased securely online at www.santatrain.ca. Each passenger 1 year of age and older will require a ticket to board the train.
Can we purchase tickets the day of the trip?
Tickets must be purchased in advance. Due to the limited number of seats we are able to offer, The Santa Train™ will sell out prior to the dates of the trips.
How do we receive our tickets?
Upon completion of your ticket request, a reference code will be displayed on the summary page -- write this number down as this is the only way we can track your information if you need to contact us about it.
A receipt will be automatically sent to the email address you entered when purchasing your tickets within 24 hours of your purchase -- double-check that you enter your email address correctly. Please note that depending on your personal email security settings or those of your service provider, this automated message may be spam filtered or blocked, especially when using a free service such as Hotmail or Gmail. You may also view and print the exact same information contained in the email by clicking here for ticket status.
Your tickets, along with directions to the boarding location, will be mailed to you approximately 3 weeks prior to the date of your trip via Canada Post, to the credit card billing address you entered when making your ticket purchase. If for some reason Canada Post fails to deliver your tickets, bring a printed copy of your purchase receipt to the boarding location and the Conductor will assist you.
Can I bring a car seat onboard. Does my 1 year old need a ticket?
All passengers 1 year of age and older will require a ticket to board the train. Infants under 1 year of age do not require a ticket if seated on an adult lap. Infant carriers (but not car seats) may be brought aboard the train if you have purchased a ticket for the seat.
Does The Santa Train™ run if it snows?
The Santa Train™ operates regardless of weather conditions. If for some reason a trip must be cancelled, we will phone the contact number you entered when making your ticket purchase the morning of your trip.
Who operates The Santa Train™?
The Santa Train™ is an annual community event operated by the Orangeville Brampton Railway. For any questions regarding ticket purchases, contact us by clicking here.
How long is the trip?
Each trip aboard The Santa Train™ is approximately 70 minutes.
How is seating arranged?
Seating is in rows of four, separated by a centre aisle, with two rows facing each other.
Is the train heated?
Of course! However, we do suggest that you dress appropriately for the weather on the day of your trip.
Are there washrooms on the train?
The coach has two washrooms which may be used at any time during the trip.
What happens during The Santa Train™ trip?
During the trip, onboard attendants will serve freshly-baked gingerbread cookies (peanut-free) and hot chocolate, strolling musicians will lead the passengers in carol singing, and Santa will visit each child at their seat to talk with them, and will give them a small gift and pose for pictures.
When should I arrive for my trip?
All trips depart promptly at the time indicated on your ticket, and can not be held for latecomers. We suggest arriving no later than 15 minutes prior to your departure time, and allow extra time to arrive at the boarding location in inclement weather.
- All passengers 1 year of age and older must have a paid ticket to board the train. No ticket is required for babies under 1 year of age, but can not occupy a seat and must be seatedon an adult lap.
- Schedules, itinerary and operating equipment subject to change without notice. Trip duration is approximately 70 minutes.
- Trip is not recommended for mobility-impaired persons due to winter conditions and uneven ground at loading points.
- All sales are final. No refunds, cancellation or exchange.
- The Santa Train™ operates regardless of weather conditions. If for some reason a trip must be cancelled, we will phone the contact number you entered when making your ticket purchase as soon as we have information.
- We are not responsible for travel delays caused by accidents, road closures, road construction, weather, etc. Please use your judgment and allow ample travel time to arrive 30 minutes prior to the departure time indicated on your tickets. Trains will depart on time, and cannot be held for late arrivals.
- The Santa Train™ is a family event. It is expected that all passengers will exhibit appropriate behaviour and not cause loss of enjoyment to other passengers. Smoking and carrying or consumption of personal alcohol are prohibited.